Session V - Changing Keys
Songs That Change Key (Pentatonic Approach)
- Keep it simple at first!
- Try using the Blues Scale too for a bluesy flavor.
- Jam along to the backing track.
Songs That Change Key (Chord Tone Approach)
- Learn the written solo first.
- Use the concept to create your own solo.
- In the beginning try to play everything in either quarter notes or eight notes.
- This will get you really good at targeting chord tones quickly.
- Play along to the backing track until you feel comfortable.